Hi! My name is Amy!
I’m a newborn, maternity and family photographer based in the Sacramento, CA area. Specifically I shoot out of Auburn and Placer County although I am willing to travel anywhere to photograph you! Hawaii? Yes please! :)
I also love to photograph elopements and intimate weddings…Fiji? Bali? Again…Hawaii? I’m all yours :)
I absolutely feel honored beyond words when a family chooses to hire me as their photographer. I’m doubly honored when they decide I’m the one to capture their family and children as they grow from year to year!
Friends and clients describe me as kind, patient, relaxed, fun and most of all, someone who genuinely cares about those I photograph. How blessed I feel to hear those words!
But our session is all about YOU. All I want to do is document your family, right now, exactly how you are. Your memories are happening now, not next week, not in a year, but right now. It’s my job to capture those memories in the most lovely way possible.
Yet…you clicked this page because you want to know “All about Amy,” so here goes…
10 random facts about your photographer:
- I drink a Venti Americano from Starbucks every day. If you love me…you’ll send gift cards :) :)
- I read every single night. I might fall asleep in the first 5 minutes, causing my Kindle to smack me front on the face, but still…I read.
- I must always use an erasable pen. Not a pencil, an erasable pen.
- I can say the alphabet backwards.
- I’m an INFP, Type 9 wing 1. Look it up. Yep. That’s me.
- I will pet any dog that crosses my path. Yes, I’m the loony who will ask to pet your dog and talk to it in a really high pitched voice.
- I’m a nut at my sessions, especially if there are little kids. I will jump, I will dance, I will sing, I will tease, I will basically be myself :) But I will also match my personality to your family. Is your little one shy? I will be gentle and soft. Is your little one full of energy? I will corral that energy for good and it will show as joy in your photos.
- I married my husband at 19. Best decision of my life.
- I used to live in Mexico.
- I didn’t know I could take photos until my first child was born, 15 years ago. What an amazing ride this has been since!
I truly hope I get to know you more! Your life is interesting to me and I can’t wait to be a part of it, if only for a little while :)